Blood Cleanup Service
Blood cleanup is not a job to be left to untrained amateurs. Blood is not harmless – it can contain viruses and bacteria that can be incredibly harmful to those who come in contact with it, and those pathogens can be spread if not dealt with properly using safety measures and following strict cleaning protocols. For these reasons, it is best to call in a professional blood cleanup company that has the necessary equipment and experience to do the job. That’s where Spaulding Decon comes in.
What makes blood so hazardous?
Blood can carry a plethora of pathogens that cause serious illness to anyone with prolonged exposure. The most common blood-borne pathogens in the United States are Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV), Hepatitis B, and Hepatitis C. Infection by any of these pathogens can be a disastrous result of a workplace accident. The best way to combat this from happening is to act as quickly as possible by calling an expert decontamination company like Spaulding Decon of San Francisco. We provide the Bay Area with many decontamination services, including blood spill cleanup.
What is the first step after a blood spill occurs?
After a blood spill inevitably occurs, your first action should be to place a call to a professional cleanup team like Spaulding Decon of San Francisco. Our professional cleanup experts are thoroughly trained in the field of biohazard decontamination and all of the safety precautions that come along with it. Our team works efficiently and with great discretion, arriving in unmarked vehicles and uniforms upon request.
How could a mismanaged blood spill affect my business?
The most important factor in managing a blood spill is ensuring that your workplace is compliant with the Occupational Safety and Health Administration’s (OSHA) policies regarding blood-borne pathogens. Your workplace is only considered compliant after a blood spill if it is fully compliant with OSHA standards. While the standards are extensive, some main policies that your workplace must meet are:
- All employees are educated on the procedures in place to manage exposure to hazardous materials, including blood.
- Your workplace has an established plan to minimize exposure to the spill after the incident.
- Your workplace and hired cleanup team treat all contaminated materials and equipment as if they are infectious.
- Your workplace provides Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
Our professional cleanup team is thoroughly trained in OSHA’s policies, and how to decontaminate your site in a way that is compliant. Our number one priority is creating a safe workplace for your employees.
Spaulding Decon Blood Spill Cleanup
Since 2005, we have been the crime scene cleanup company that people across the nation have trusted to restore homes and businesses after traumas, accidents, homicides, suicides, and unattended deaths. Our crime scene cleaning expertise includes blood cleanup, which requires specialized tools and high-grade cleaning supplies to remove safely and completely. Our crews not only have those tools and cleaners, but also have the training and experience necessary to handle the job, no matter what the size or scope.
In addition to our blood cleanup experience, Spaulding Decon is the company to choose for blood and crime scene cleanup needs because:
● We are highly respected in the industry, winning awards and accolades for our work
● Our company prides itself on customer service, which is why we offer supplementary help like resources to bring in counselors, assistance with insurance claims, and documentation for court cases
● Our crews are background checked and drug tested in addition to their intensive training, which helps ensure that every person on your job is capable and trustworthy. If you would like more information about our blood cleanup services, contact Spaulding Decon today at 866-993-3266. A member of our team will happily connect you with one of our cleaning crews in your area.